Does Child Nutrition need another recipe database?

So alongside this forum project, I have been working on essentially a recipe database and nutritional database program and I’m trying to figure out if it’s worth the time and effort to do so.

  • Are the current resources out there for child Nutrition compliant recipes and ingredient tracking sufficient for your purposes or do you need something better and if so what are your favorite databases out there and what do you wish that they would do?
  • When you’re looking for new menu ideas, what are the criteria that you’re trying to fill or search for?
  • What features would make your lives easier within the system, what does it not need?
  • If it existed, would it be something you would use?
  • Would you help contribute to the information within the system, providing suggestions, suggesting alternatives, and voting on your favorites?
  • I think the only unique idea that I have in regards to this area is really being able to communicate with other child Nutrition professionals on what is popular and then create suggestions on how you’ve adapted it or what you tried or what specific products you use.

Let me know your thoughts.