Welcome to School Food Exchange
I’m Cameron, Operations Coordinator for School Nutrition at Greeley-Evans District 6 in Colorado. I built this because I kept solving the same problems other coordinators were probably also solving, alone, with no easy way to compare notes — things like Buy American sourcing gaps in winter, warehouse capacity workarounds, allergen substitution logic, or getting two disconnected software systems to actually talk to each other.
There’s no shortage of school nutrition Facebook groups and listservs, but they move fast and things get buried in an hour. This is meant to be a place where a real solution, recipe, or workaround stays findable six months from now instead of scrolling past in a feed.
To start, I’m going to post a few real things I’m dealing with right now — not polished case studies, just actual problems and what I’ve tried. If you’re a kitchen manager, director, coordinator, or warehouse lead anywhere in the country, I’d genuinely like to know: what’s the one thing this week that you wish you could just ask someone about?
Introduce yourself below — district, role, and one thing you’re currently wrestling with. I’ll go first in the comments.